1) The little kitten Pumpkin is growing exponentially cuter each day. I'm already sad about the thought that he will eventually grow up and just be a normal sized cat. I really hope parents don't think like this. Mom? Did you ever think, "wow, she's a beautiful baby! So bummed she will eventually grow up."
|Cat Friends. They're working on it.|
2) This weekend I volunteered at a local race and was supposed to work the finish line chute for the 2k, 5k and 10k. When Tim and I showed up at 7 in the morning, the race director asked us to work at the help desk for packet pick-up and registration instead. It was actually a lot of fun and I felt great volunteering.
|Dressed like a camp counselor...|
|...and seriously not impressed with the look.|
3) Finally discovered the magic that is Redbox. I don't know how many times I have walked past them but never really thought to rent a move there. Saturday I got Downton Abbey Season 1 for $1.25 and watched the whole thing. Love it. Already ordered the next season to watch at home. That's next weekend planned.
4) If you have not yet eaten a rotisserie chicken with your hands, you have not lived. When I was a kid my dad used to sometimes let us eat dinner outside and use our hands instead of utensils, calling it "caveman night." Tonight was caveman night at my house. Vegetarians, avert your eyes.
5) I usually do a weekly recap exercise post. Ha! This week we're going to skip right on by that one. Between doctor visits, too much blood drawn and orders to take it easy, I've done exactly that. I had two runs (6 & 8 miles) and kept both very slow. Tonight we went on an easy walk for an hour. I've got another doctor's appointment in the morning so hopefully I'll get confirmation that working out like normal is fine.
Anyone else secretly hate Sunday nights?
I like them in theory, but when they roll around I get depressed that Monday is tomorrow. Why? I don't know. I don't have to get into the office or anything in the morning. It's just instinct.
Parents - if your kids can't read yet, be honest. Smaller is cuter?
KIDDING! But really. A little, right? ;)